Friday, July 10, 2009

Surprise!

Ring. Ring. My alarm clock rings at 4:45 a.m. I go to wake up my brother and we all scurry down the stairs. First we get the cards and the present. Then we get the balloon. Last but not least we get the cake, licorice, and chocolate-covered raisins. Mom comes down to the kitchen, and she sees the table nicely set. Daniel and I are hiding. Daniel is hiding in the cubby, and I am hiding in the corner. When we hear Mom say how nice it looks we go out and sing to Mom, "Happy Birthday!"

I felt excited about preparing Mom's Birthday, and what Mom would say. At first I thought it was scary to go and wake up Daniel, so I hurried to wake him up. But when we went downstairs I felt more brave because Daniel was with me. Mom says that we prepared her breakfast for her. We had cake for breakfast.

After that we went for a walk down to the pond.

2 comments:

Mary Lee said...

I am so happy that you and Daniel were able to surprise your mom. It sounds so exciting and I am glad you were able to wake Daniel up so very early...you know how he loves to sleep! The cake was delicious and it was fun having lunch with you two and your mom today. Thanks for writing about your adventure!!

Kathy said...

Bethany, when a child honors their mother as you and Daniel did today, that mother has received one of the most precious gifts of all. I am so thankful for the little lady you are becoming. This part of my life is uniquely special as I watch you grow up. I truly am honored and blessed.